Saturday, December 10, 2011

How do you connect an iPod to a 2008 Acura MDX?

We have the tech/entertainment package, and I read that the aux input is "behind" the center console for that package combination. I looked in the back seat (which seems really inconvenient) and saw red/white/yellow inputs, but I think that is for the DVD player (like for playing video games). I don't see anything inside the center console except the power outlet and I don't see an AUX input anywhere near the radio/nav controls. Thanks!|||Unfortunately, the "DVD" player hookup (Yellow/Red/White) is the only "easy" way to wire your ipod into the MDX audio system. Because you bought the tech/entertainment, they replaced the "AUX" input with the 3 wire solution. They also retired the Acura based ipod link because people complained so much about it. Your only other options are: get an FM Modulator ( I've had good luck with DLO's solution) OR a system that replaces the XM radio connection. I've not tried the latter, but am researching that myself. Good luck!|||I have the same issue for my 2008 Acura MDX tech pkg w/ rear seat DVD. However, when I plug the iPod into the RCA ports in the back, I cannot get the sound to play through the speakers. I comes through the headsets only. Does anybody know how to fix this, or do others have this same problem?

Report Abuse


|||Sorry to break it to ya, but that is the way you hook it up. Buy a cord that has the two audio colors and another side to hook into your iPod.The reason it is so inconvenient is bc you got the tech package which changes the aux input into the 3 slots. Why it is like this? IDK. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment