Saturday, December 24, 2011

Do I need 2 sets of tire chains for a 2006 Acura MDX or is 1 set enough?

I live in southern california and plan to go to Mountain High (located in Wrightwood, CA). I read that in general, AWD should use 2 sets of chains... is this true for the MDX?|||One set on the front is sufficient.|||You don't need chains if your car is AWD, at least that's what people up in big bear told me.


But if you are going to put them on anyways.. I'd go for 2 sets cause it's AWD.|||Tire chains? What is this..1960? Get snow tires if you need them. All MDXs are AWD. I have 2 sets of rims for my car (summer tires, snow tires) but you should be able to get away with decent all seasons unless youll be driving in a lot of snow/ice/temps below 45 degrees.|||You need chains on all fur wheels. Not so much for traction wile moving but to prevent the vehicle from spinning when you brake.|||Its primarily a FRONT wheel drive vehicle, FRONT only.|||yes

No comments:

Post a Comment