Friday, December 16, 2011

Does anyone own or ever owned an Acura MDX?

My wife and I are looking at a 2004 Acura MDX (touring model). It's kinda old but only has 21000 miles on it and is in great shape.





I was just curious what people like about this or has anyone had any complaints about this model.








--Owner's only please...not interested in what is a better vehicle.|||It's an Acura. It will last forever and never give you problems, even at 200,000 miles.





My uncle has one that he bought in 2003.





I have driven many of them at the dealerships I have worked at.





It has a smooth and sporty ride, the best bluetooth phone and voice activation and GPS out of any other luxury car or SUV if you get one with those options.





It is a great and very reliable car. Acura is made by Honda. High resale value and powerful engine too. Only problem is that it uses premium gas only.|||I just happen to own a 2004 Acura MDX touring. I can tell you that this is one of the best SUV's on the market, when it comes down to the best combination of luxury and performance. It offers the most features for the price. I see comparably equipped Mercedes, or BMW's for at least 4-8k more the price for the MDX. Reliability is great, that is, only on the 2004 model, and up. The reason for that is that for the 2001-2003 models, there was a major transmission recall for all Acura, and Honda products that were equipped with the 5 speed automatic transmissions(the Acura MDX is equipped with it). Although people think that this means that the MDX isn't reliable, they are wrong. This is merely a design problem in the transmission that has been noted, and taken action by Honda. This problem to be supposedly fixed on the 2004 models and up, as it hasn't been recalled, and major issues haven't been called up on it by users. I think you have nothing to worry about with this car, especially seeing that you have only 21k miles on it, it is like you own a brand new Acura. You won't be disappointed when you drive this vehicle. I have only one minor complaint. When the third row seats are up, there is very little trunk capacity after that. The good thing is that I rarely carry enough passengers to use the 3rd row. I suppose many MDX owners will rarely use their 3rd row seats, and leave it folded, which expands the cargo capacity to a remarkably high amount. Besides this, I think the MDX is a perfect car.|||Its a great SUV. Handles very well. I work at a Acura dealership. I have been driving the service shuttle...we used to have a 2004 MDX so I have years of experience driving this SUV in all season, I have driven it soft and hard...It is a very good SUV, handles very great, decent power, very smooth ride yet still performs...I drove this one from brand new to 30k miles with minimal service, never warming it up, and driving it hard everyday. Nothing ever went wrong with it. It is a very reliable, durable, and great SUV.

No comments:

Post a Comment